2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon malted milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup non fat sour cream
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1/4 cup skim or evaporated non fat milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg plus 2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, thawed blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a 9-inch tube pan well with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, malted milk powder and nutmeg and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream sugar together with butter and sour cream until light and fluffy. Add egg then egg whites, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, and milk.
4. Fold liquid mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold blueberries into batter. Pour batter into pan and gently even out top with spatula or spoon. Bake cake until well browned on top and long skewer inserted in thickest part of cake comes out clean , 50 minutes to 60 minutes
5. Let cake stand in pan for 5 minutes, loosen edges and invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle warm cake with confectioner’s sugar. Serve cake warm or at room temperature. Before serving refresh cake with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar if desired.