1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple, well drained, reserve juice in separate container
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup non fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Canola oil
1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
1/2 cup skim milk
1cup egg whites at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly into the bottom of a 10-inch bundt. Layer crushed pineapple evenly on top of brown sugar and set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, oil, sugar, pineapple juice, milk and vanilla extract. Fold/stir flour mixture into liquid mixture in 2 to 3 stages and set aside.
4. Using a copper or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks (If bowl is stainless steel, add cream of tartar to whites when just foamy.) Gently fold 1/3 of egg whites into flour mixture to lighten, then gently fold in remaining whites.
5. Pour batter into pan evenly over pineapple. Smooth out top and bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean and top springs back when gently pressed with finger. Cool cake upside down on wire rack.
6. When cool, remove cake from pan on to serving plate and spread any pineapple sugar left in pan on top of cake and serve or cover and serve later.