3 8-oz. packages fat free cream cheese
1 envelope (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup sugar
1-15oz. can Mandarin Orange segments in light syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
drop orange food coloring (2 drops yellow food coloring plus 1 drop red)
1. Prepare Graham Cracker Crust according to directions using an 8 to 9-inch pie plate. Cover and chill crust at least an hour before filling.
2. Drain Mandarin Orange syrup off orange segments and set aside ½ cup orange syrup. Cover orange segments and chill until ready to serve with chilled pie.
3. Pour skim milk into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over milk and allow to soften 3 to 4 minutes. Stirring frequently, cook milk over low heat, 2 to 3 minutes until gelatin has dissolved.
4. Blend fat free cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Gently mix milk, ½ cup Mandarin Orange syrup, vanilla, and orange extract and lemon juice into cheese mixture until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Refrigerate until set and chilled; approximately 2 hours before serving. Before serving carefully spread 1½ cup fat free whipped topping over top of pie in an even layer and garnish servings with chilled orange segments.
Yield: 10 servings at approximately 230 calories; 1.9 grams total fat; 0.8 gram saturated fat; 12 milligrams cholesterol; 41.8 grams carbohydrate; 0.8 gram dietary fiber; 10.7 grams protein; 470 milligrams sodium.
LIGHT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of a 8- to 10-inch spring-form pan or pie plate. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.