These pink cereal treats are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Double the marshmallows and double the fun! These Valentine’s Rice Krispies are the ultimate holiday treat.
Alyssa Bybee shares the recipe for these adorable pink cereal treats.
Valentine’s Pink Cereal Treats
- 10 ounce bags mini marshmallows (about 6 cups), divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (about 12 ½ cups)
- 7 ounce container of marshmallow cream (about 2 1/4 cups)
- Red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- In a very large saucepan over low heat melt butter completely. Once melted, add in 4 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows and coat in butter. Keep stirring until butter and marshmallows are completely melted, then remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it’s mostly smooth, then add in salt and vanilla. Add a few drops of red food coloring until you reach the desired shade of pink.
- Stir the Rice Krispies and remaining 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows until completely coated.
- Pour into a greased 9×13-inch pan. Spray your hands with cooking spray (so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands) and press the mixture down so the treats have a smooth surface. Let cool and set.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out rice Krispie treats.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat candy melts in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate on heart-shaped rice Krispie treats and sprinkle the sprinkles over top while the chocolate is still wet. Let the chocolate cool and harden, eat and enjoy!