Say goodbye to the PVC pipes and spit-covered marshmallows! We loved the handheld marshmallow shooter cups shared by the Family Volley.
But if you’re going to make your own, you need these engineering tips.
What you need:
12 oz. Styrofoam cups (not plastic). Do not go bigger. But an 8-oz. size for little hands works pretty well.
Balloons that inflate to 12″. The Spritz brand at Super Target is the best for spring and bounce and long-life.
1. Tie a knot at the base of each balloon.
2. Snip less than ¼” from the top (round part) of the balloon. (Our photo shows the hole after it was stretched over the cup, so it looks much bigger.)
3. Use your scissors to cut out the bottom of each styrofoam cup.
4. Stretch your balloons over the bottoms of your cups. Cover at least 1/3 to ½ of the cup.
5. Drop a marshmallow into the cup, aim and FIRE! (Best distances can be obtained by marshmallows that are nestled near the knot before firing.)
Instead of marshmallows you can use Craisins or any small treat
If your balloon slips off the cup, you may secure it with duct tape or washi tape.
More family games, along with insights and information on raising a happy family. You can find it at familyvolley.com