2 cups granulated sugar
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, gelatin, salt, and water. Stir well.
2. Bring to a boil and remore from heat.
3. Cool slightly, and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour into a large mixing bowl and beat at high speed for 10-15 minutes or until
mixture resembles thick marshmallow creme.
5. Pour into a buttered 9×13-inch pan, cover and let set for several hours or overnight.
6. Cut into 1-inch squares or cut into shapes using small cookie cutters.
7. Roll each square or shape into powdered sugar to couat all sides.
Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
To make Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs, fill a cake pan at least 2 inches deep with
flour. Press a plastic egg into the flour making impressions approximately 1-inch apart.
Spoon the marshmallow creme into the impressions. Let set for one hour. Carefully
remove the marshmallow eggs from the flour and place on a waxed paper lined plate.
Freeze for 30 minutes. Melt dipping choclate or semi-sweet chocolate chips in a
double boiler over low heat. (Add a tiny amount of shortening to the chocolate if
needed to thin.) Using a spoon, dip the frozen marshmallow eggs in the chocolate to
coat. Place on waxed paper to set. Decorate eggs with icing flowers if desired.