Their mission is to unite business, technology and creativity to educate the innovators of tomorrow. At their campus in the Salt Lake Valley, they offer accelerated Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computer Science degrees.
Stacy Hughes, Communication Manager at Neumont University in South Jordan talks about opportunities available.
5 REASONS WHY A CAREER IN TECHNOLOGY IS A STABLE CHOICE IN AN UNSTABLE ECONOMY
• Despite the economic recession affecting our country, jobs in the computer industry are still in a growth mode.
• Increased demand for technology services and software will fuel job growth among these industries for years to come. And, even entry-level positions in this are paying well, averaging between $45,000 and $65,000 per year.
• Employment in the computer sciences is expected to increase by 6.9 percent, adding 212,000 jobs by 2016.
• In a recent report conducted by the Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP) of Washington, D.C., research confirmed that a key component in growing our economy and creating new jobs is expanding opportunities for higher education. Neumont University offers an advanced computer science degree in just 2 years.
• The down economy has masked the continual growth of employment in some industries, but more jobs are being created in a wide range of computer-focused fields.
HOW BEST CAN STUDENTS PREPARE FOR A CAREER IN TECHNOLOGY?
• The US Dept. of Labor Statistics Reports a growing need for people with degrees in technology related areas, so of course the number one tip for gaining entrance into a technology field is to invest in education and now is an excellent time.
• While you’re in school, or if you already have a degree, the next thing you’ll want to do is focus on gaining relevant experience, internships, volunteer work, courses that provide exposure to industry leaders, even seminars and workshops hosted by technology counsels.
• Develop the skills that every employer is looking for. Not your technical skills, your professional skills. Take a writing refresher course, volunteer in a leadership role, take a course on team work or communication – those are the hot skills that technology employers are looking for, they can train you in the relevant technologies.
WHAT MAKES NEUMONT UNIQUE – TOP 5 REASONS
1. An Intense, professionally-focused computer science education
2. Bleeding-Edge Technologies and Methods
3. Incredible Exposure to industry leaders
4. Project-Based Learning in a technocentric environment
5. Remarkable Results
For more information, visit www.neumont.edu. You can find a quiz right on their homepage that will help you identify the technology focused career path that is right for you. Speak with one of their career counselors to find out more information.