Old Fashioned Fudge
1 stick butter, divided
4 cups sugar
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
¾ cup evaporated milk
¼ cup water
2 tbsp. Karo syrup
1. In a large, heavy pot place 1/2 stick of butter and put the other half on a large marble slab. Place the chocolate in the pan with the butter and melt.
2. To the melted ingredients add the milk, water and Karo. Stir till combined and add sugar.
3. Heat fudge on med-high stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Once fudge begins to boil, remove spoon and do not stir again. Place a candy thermometer in and cook until fudge reaches 232 degrees.
4. Pour out on marble slab pouring over butter. (Do not scrape sides or bottom of pan).
5. Let fudge cool until it’s cool to the touch. With a large putty knife work fudge. Working and kneading until it becomes creamy and smooth.
6. Store in an air tight container.