It’s a trend that isn’t fading! Ombre shading is a popular color play right now in hair, in fashion – and now in home goods.
Blogger Susan Petersen of “Freshly Picked” shows us how to dye your own ombre napkins.
-Dinner Napkins, 100% cotton or linen work best
-Dye, either liquid or powder
1. Mix the dye according to the instructions on the package
2. Wet your napkins thoroughly
3. Using your pins + ruler, mark your ombre stages. I like mine to be about 3-4 inches apart.
4. Begin by dipping your napkin all of the into the dye, to the top pin for about 30 seconds.
5. Pull the napkin out to the next pin, wait 1 minute.
6. Pull the napkin out to the next pin, wait 2 minutes.
7. Finally leave the last section in the dye for 5 minutes.
8. Take the napkin out + with cool water, rinse thoroughly.
9. Allow to air dry completely.
10. Then put in the dryer to heat set the dye.
11. Then wash the napkins before using.
Freshly Picked is a sewing + design blog full of tutorials, inspiration, fashion + good design.
Susan Petersen is the crafty lady behind Freshly Picked.
See more here: freshlypicked.blogspot.com