Wendy Paul shares how to make the alfredo you know and love, but served up in one skillet with a veggie sidekick.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Skillet
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Green onions & fresh basil for garnish
- Caulipower pasta or pasta of your choice
- In a large skillet, saute the ground chicken in some olive oil. Season with oregano, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Always season your meat before it’s browned. You will add more flavor.
- Cut the meat into small pieces with your spatula as it browns. Once the chicken is browned, add the frozen broccoli.
- Stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the broccoli is tender and warmed through. Then add the chicken broth, cream and cheese. Bring to a simmer again. Stir occasionally, until sauce is nice and rich, thickened and broccoli is heated all the way through. Dice the green onions, and garnish with fresh basil.
- Cook your pasta of choice. You can also serve this with rice if you like. Dinner is served.