Brooke from The Female Foodie rounds up her Top 10 Salads in Salt Lake City and here are the five picks she mentioned on Studio 5. For the complete list visit her blog at www.femalefoodie.com.
1. Settebello: Insalata Grande (260 South 200 West, SLC, UT // 801.322.3556)
The Insalata Grande is a mixed green salad with fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, pine nuts, kalamata olives, and artichokes, tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with fresh cracked pepper and parm slices.
2. The Dodo: Spinach Salad with Lemon Shrimp (1355 East 2100 South, SLC, UT // 801.486.2473)
This spring mix is tossed with cranberries, gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, apples, and grapes- covered with a tangy orange vinaigrette. Delicious, filling, you absolutely need to try this.
3. Harmon’s City Creek: Italian Salad (135 East 100 South, SLC, UT // 801.428.0366)
This Italian salad is filled with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh grape tomatoes, olives, and artichokes. Delicious, nutritious, and ready to go.
4. Cubbys Chicago Beef: Tri Tip Steak Salad (2130 Highland Drive, SLC, UT // 801.467.2980)
This famous Utah salad is a mixture of organic romaine & arugula, roasted bell peppers, slivered almonds, scallions, dried cherries, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and seasoned tri tip, topped with a lemon cilantro vinaigrette and fresh cilantro.
5. Market Street Grill: Seafood Cobb Salad (48 West Market Street, SLC, UT // 801.322.4668)
Order this beauty for a bowl of fresh greens covered with bay shrimp, Alaskan snow crab, tomato, avocado, bacon, and bleu cheese.