If you love Oreos, you’re going to love these sugar cookies.
It’s an over-the-top sugar cookie with chocolate goodness in every layer.
Wendy Paul shares the recipe for Oreo French silk pie sugar cookies. The trio of chocolate makes these cookies a decadent treat.
For more recipes and ideas from Wendy, connect with her on Instagram at @therealwendypaul.
Oreo French Silk Pie Sugar Cookie
- 30 Oreos crushed
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 3- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Strawberries or crushed Oreos for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In your stand mixer, cream together the butter, oil, brown sugar, cocoa & eggs. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Then add salt, baking soda & powder, 1 cup of the crushed Oreos. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time on low speed. When the dough comes away from the wall of the bowl it’s ready. (get to know your dough- this is a heavy and thick dough. Almost playdough like.)
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the dough and place it onto a baking sheet. *spaced apart. (8 cookies will fit on a traditional baking sheet.)
- Top each cookie with 1 tsp or more of the crushed Oreos from earlier. Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press the Oreo topped cookie down to about 3/4″ flat. Just to help the Oreos stick and the cookie start to take shape.
- Place in the oven and bake 8-9 minutes, until the cookie is soft, but set.
- Remove the cookies and repeat until all are baked. Makes about 20 large cookies. Repeat and cool before frosting with the silk pie filling.
Instant French Silk Pie Filling
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Lightly sweeten with 1/3 cup powdered sugar. Divide cream mixture, remove 1 cup of sweetened cream and set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup, fill with 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 3 tbsp. butter. Melt in the microwave about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Remove and stir quickly with a fork to combine the butter and chocolate together. Cool slightly.
- With the larger amount of heavy whipped cream, slowly fold the slightly cooled chocolate butter mixture together. Keep folding, think over under, over under, gently until the mixture is completely brown in color and smooth. Don’t rush this step. You want the mixture to stay fluffy and full.
- Frost your cooled cookies with a generous portion of the French Silk Pie Filling then top with a dollop of whipped cream, more crushed Oreos or sliced strawberries for garnish.