4 cups cooked, diced chicken or turkey
2 cups diced celery
1 cup diced onions
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice
1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of chicken soup
1 can (10.75 oz.)cream of mushroom soup
1 can (16 oz.) bean sprouts, drained
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt (opt.)
1 can (5 oz.) chow mein noodles
1. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Layer the chicken or turkey over the bottom of the dish.
3. Over the meat, layer celery, onions, rice, soups, and the sprouts.
4. Mix together the water, soy sauce, and salt. Pour over the layered ingredients.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
6. Sprinkle the can of chow mein noodles over the top of the bean sprouts and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm. Serves 8.
Note: 1-2 pounds of browned and drained ground beef can also be used in place of the chicken or turkey.