Apple spice adds a taste of fall to this crème brulee oatmeal.
It’s better than breakfast in bed. You’ll have hot breakfast for the family – in your kitchen – with less morning effort than it takes to make cold cereal.
Recipe creator Amy Richardson makes life easy AND she brings the first flavors of fall to our table.
Apple Spice Crème Brûlée Oatmeal
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Raw or Demerara Sugar
- Fresh cut apple
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon and sugar
- 4 1/2 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mix old fashioned oats, water, applesauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, or apple pie spice and salt together in a large slow cooker.
- Place lid on the slow cooker.
- 6 hours on low for firm texture
- 8 hours on low for a softer texture.
- Can also be cooked on high for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, place desired amount of oatmeal in to heat safe bowl.
- Sprinkle generously with Demerara sugar and torch until bubbly, or put under the broiler until sugar is melted. Cool 1-2 minutes to harden sugar.
- Top with apples, granola, and whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings
Recipe by Amy Richardson
Amy Richardson is a longtime food and party contributor for KSL’s Studio 5. She is a self-taught home cook, recipe innovator, food stylist and food photographer. She shares her enthusiasm and creativity by bringing together beautiful food and family, to make wonderful memories!