Suzy Robertson shares three of her favorite peach recipes.
Peach Caprese Salad
- 2 Peaches, sliced
- 1 container grape tomatoes OR garden tomatoes
- 1 c. fresh mozzarella chunks or balls
- Balsamic glaze
- S & P
- 10 large basil leaves, sliced or 20 small
- Rinse peaches, tomatoes & basil leaves.
- Slice peaches with skin on (or off).
- Slice grape tomatoes in half or if you are using larger garden tomatoes, slice into segments similar to the peach slice. Assemble on a flat plate, not overlapping the fruit.
- If you bought a large mozzarella ball, cut it into small ½’ pieces. If using the small mozzarella balls, just sprinkle them over the peaches & tomatoes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze & sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Top with sliced or whole basil leaves. Enjoy!
Fresh Blueberry Pancakes With Peaches & Cream
- 1 c. “Almost” Whole grain pancake mix (see large batch recipe below)
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. oil
- Fresh blueberries
- Peaches, sliced
- Maple syrup (or one of your choice)
- Whipped Cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 c. dry pancake mix, 1 c. milk, 1 egg, and 1 tsp. of oil and whisk to combine. (For waffles, add 1 Tbsp. oil)
- If you want to add blueberries, just add them right after you pour the batter onto the hot skillet. Once the first side is done, flip & cook on the other side. If you’re cooking more than one batch, you may have to get a large wet paper towel and rub the skillet to clean off the cooked blueberries pieces that are left behind.
- Top with fresh peaches, a little maple syrup (or favorite flavor of your choice) and some whipped cream & enjoy!!
“Almost” Whole Grain Pancake Mix
To make the large dry pancake mix (bulk mix to make appx. 8 batches), just simply combine in a large air-tight container.
- 4 c. whole grain flour (Kamut, Spelt or Wheat)
- 4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 c. organic evaporated cane sugar
- 2 1/2 T. aluminum-free baking powder
- 4 t. baking soda
- 4 t. sea salt or Redmond’s real salt
Stir all ingredients to combine & dump into an air-tight container until ready for use.
Sugar Free Peach Freezer Jam
- 4 c. washed sliced fresh peaches (or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (or 1 tsp. citric acid powder)
- 1/3 c. Ultra Gel or EZ Gel or Ultra Gel
- 2 c. sugar OR ⅓ c. Erythritol ( or stevia powder, honey, maple syrup, etc..)
- Wash and Slice 4-5 large peaches.
- Add 4 cups cleaned and sliced peaches, and place peaches into a food processor or blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice or 1 tsp. citric acid and 1/3 cup of erythritol or other sweetner to your liking, and blend until well mixed. Blend until the desired texture is achieved.
- Pour your mixture into a mixing bowl and add the Ultra Gel or EZ Gel. Whisk together till well incorporated and there are no lumps. FOR EXTRA SMOOTH Peach freezer jam, blend Ultra Gel with puree in the blender. After it sits for a couple minutes, if you want it thicker, add more Ultra Gel.
- Let your freezer jam rest at this point for 3-5 minutes to set up.
- Pour your sugar free peach freezer jam into CLEAN freezer safe jelly jars or containers. Make sure to leave at least a 1/2 inch head space if using jars for expansion. Peach Freezer Jam will expand a bit when it freezes and your jar will break if you fill it all the way.
- When ready to use, thaw & use within 2 weeks. Keep jam in the refrigerator.