• 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut or 1/2 cup
peanuts (about 2 ounces), finely chopped
• 12 wooden craft sticks, available at candymaking-
• 12 PEEPS Bunnies, any color
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. Place the coconut or nuts on a plate.
4. Insert 1 craft stick about halfway into the bottom section of 1 Bunny. Dip into the chocolate, turning to coat completely. Holding the dipped Bunny over the bowl of chocolate, use a
knife to scrape the excess chocolate off the back and bottom of the Bunny, letting it fall back
into the bowl. Hold the Bunny over the plate of coconut or nuts and sprinkle to cover all sides.
5. Place the Bunny on the prepared baking sheet and repeat to dip the remaining Bunnies.
Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Serve frozen. PEEPSicles can be stored in an airtight
container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Makes 12 PEEPSicles.
• 1/3 cup butter (1/3 cup = 6 tablespoons)
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/3 cup evaporated milk
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
Before preparing recipe, measure all ingredients and have them ready nearby.
It’s important to continuously stir the sauce while preparing.
1. Over low heat, melt butter in small saucepan.
2. When melted, stir in cocoa until well blended.
3. Add sugar and evaporated milk.
4. Increase heat to medium low, stir continuously until sugar is dissolved,
about three minutes. Sauce will thicken, becoming smooth and shiny.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Immediately transfer to small fondue pot or dipping bowl.
8. Dip PEEPS chicks, bunnies and eggs and enjoy!
Makes approximately one cup of dipping sauce. For extra dipping fun, prepare whole
strawberries, pineapple chunks and cubes of angel food cake for dipping too. Skewers
are optional and may be substituted with forks for young children.
This recipe can be enjoyed with PEEPS from any season!
Please note: Fondue dipping sauce may be hot. Parental supervision is recommended.
Recipes found at www.marshmallowpeeps.com.