Don’t just drool over yummy Pinterest food photos. Take that pin to the pan and create a real meal for your family. McKenzie Guymon with “Girls Love Glam” shares a favorite recipe from her inspiration board.
· 1 Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough (or your favorite pizza dough)
· olive oil
· 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (You can also use minced garlic or garlic powder.)
· 1 large tomato, thinly sliced (The thinner the better! Thicker slices will make the pizza soggy.)
· 1 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
· 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
· 3 basil leaves, cut into strips
Preheat oven to 400°. If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven while the oven is preheating. If you don’t, grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the dough out. Brush olive oil over the dough with a pastry brush.
Place the garlic all over the dough then add the thinly sliced tomatoes. Combine half the mozzarella cheese and half the parmesan cheese then sprinkle over the dough. Next, add the basil strips to the pizza, as well as the rest of the cheese.
Bake for about 11 minutes or until the crust turns a golden brown (if you’re using the Pillsbury thin crust dough), or bake according to the directions for the dough you’re using. Enjoy!