There is nothing like fresh roasted chilies to add some delicious spice and flavor to your favorite recipes.
Chef Kimberly Larsen with Harmons shares a recipe for Chile Verde PJork Huevo Rancheros.
2 lbs. Harmons pork loin
1 teaspoon of each:
1. In small mixing bowl, combined all spices.
2. Rub mixture over pork loin to completely coat.
3. Allow flavors to develop for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
4. Heat large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to coat bottom of the pan. Sear each side of pork for 2 minutes, creating a crust around the meat.
5. Place in 400 degree oven for 8-10 minute or until internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
6. Remove and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Slice into 1-inch medallions.
4 Anaheim peppers, roasted, peeled & seeded
2 Poblano peppers, roasted, peeled & seeded
1 white onion, small dice
4-6 tomatillos, husked & small dice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon coriander seed
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1. Heat large sauté pan on med- high heat.
2. Coat bottom of pan with grapeseed oil.
3. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and tomatillos.
5. Sauté again for 2 minutes.
6. Add remaining ingredients.
7. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Place in blender and purée until smooth.
9. Keep warm to serve.
4-6 tomatoes (approx. 2 cups), peeled, seeded & diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
1. In small saucepan combined ingredients.
2. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until reduced and thickened.
3. Season with salt and pepper
Sunny Side Eggs
6-12 large eggs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Heat small egg pan to med heat.
2. Cook 1-2 eggs at a time to sunny side stage. This will take about 3 minutes.
Pork Huevos Rancheros
1. Open and warm one can black beans in small sauce pan
2. Place crisp corn tortilla in center of plate.
3. Spread with black beans.
4. Ladle verde sauce over tortilla.
5. Place 3 pork medallions over verde.
6. Ladle some tomato sauce over pork.
7. Top with 1-2 sunny side eggs.
8. Garnish with cotija cheese