It’s hard to go wrong with a recipe drenched in caramel.
So why not whip up Pound Cake Sticky Buns for a quick, easy weekend
Pound Cake Sticky Buns
1 package Betty Crocker golden pound cake mix
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 T active dry yeast
1 1/2 c. very warm water (125-130°)
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. dark corn syrup
3/4 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Mix the cake mix, flour, and yeast in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the water. The dough may seem dry at first but just keep gently kneading
until it comes together.
3. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough becomes
puffy. It will not double in size.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°.
5. Place the butter in a 13×9 baking dish and melt in the oven. Remove and stir in
brown sugar and corn syrup. Sprinkle the pecans over the caramel mixture.
6. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 15 equal pieces. Shape
each piece into a ball and place evenly apart on the caramel mixture.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and immediately invert onto a heatproof tray or serving
platter. Let the pan remain over the buns for 1 minute. Remove the pan, spoon any
excess caramel from the tray onto the buns. Serve immediately.
I love that these sticky buns come together so quickly. They are easy and you don’t
need any special kitchen tools to make them. Involve the whole family and plan on
getting your hands messy. They make for a perfect weekend breakfast!
The recipe calls for dark corn syrup but if you don’t have it you can mix molasses and
light corn syrup. For every cup of dark corn syrup mix ¾ cup light corn syrup with ¼ cup
Krista Dearden, www.budgetgourmetmom.com