1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbl. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 cup raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain pumpkin (canned)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
2. Stir in the raisins nuts, or chocolate chips. In another bowl, mix together, milk, oil, egg, and pumpkin. Stir well.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients and gently stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
4. Generously grease muffin cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
5. Heavily sprinkle the top of each muffin with approximately 1 Tbl. brown sugar
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.