Fix up a warm, savory dish for a winter warm meal.
Nettie Frank shares this recipe with rich flavors.
Pumpkin Sausage Sage Risotto
One 16 oz can of Pumpkin Puree
1 lb of Pork Sausage
1.5 cups of Arboro Rice
6 cups of Chicken Stock
1/4 cup of Fresh Sage, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, medium diced
1/2 cup of Mushrooms, diced
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
1 tsp of Salt
1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1. Heat chicken stock in sauce pan; bring to a boil then turn heat to low.
2. In a large saute pan, saute onions & mushrooms in olive oil on med/high heat for 8 minutes.
3. Add sausage & sage, saute until sausage is evenly cooked.
4. Add rice, saute for 2 minutes in sausage mixture.
5. Add 1/2 cup of hot stock to rice mixture & stir really well. Let cook for 2 minutes.
6. Stir, repeat step 5 until all stock is gone.
7. Add pumpkin puree, salt, pepper & 1/2 cup heavy cream.
8. Stir, let cook on medium head for 3 minutes.