From the Squeeze Hand Tool to the Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter, their cutting-edge products are easy to use and backed by superior customer service. Everyone from first-time crafters to experienced trendsetters can create stylish, sophisticated projects with little effort when they have the right tools from QuicKutz.
Lead Designer Amy Walton demonstrates some great ways to create glass etchings with your Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter.
Glass etching instructions:
1. Clean the surface of your glass thoroughly.
2. Use the Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter to select and cut out your design or phrase from Adhesive Vinyl.
3. Use the Quickutz Universal Hook tool to carefully remove the design from the vinyl, creating a stencil from the negative space.
4. Peel away backing from QuicKutz Transfer Paper and apply it over the negative space of your design.
5. Peel away back of vinyl. Place the stencil on a table with adhesive side up.
6. Carefully apply your stencil with the adhesive side to the glass.
7. Smooth the vinyl over the glass using the Universal Scraper to press out all of the bubbles.
8. Slowly and carefully peel off the Transfer Paper, making sure all pieces of the stencil remain on the glass.
9. [Warning] Etching cream is a caustic substance. Pay close attention to safety labels on container of etching cream.
10. Using a cotton swab or craft brush, apply a thick coat of etching cream to the exposed glass, making sure the cream is evenly spread.
11. Consult the etching cream label to determine the amount of time required by the brand for the cream to set – usually 5 to 10 minutes.
12. After the appropriate time has passed, thoroughly wash off the etching cream with paper towels.
13. Peel vinyl off of surface. Use the hook tool to remove small pieces.
14. Remove fingerprints with cleaner for best results.
The Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter
The Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter gives you instant access to your entire digital design collection, the power to transform designs anywhere from 1/4 inch to 8 inches tall and will allow you to cut any TrueType font on your computer — all without any cartridges or CDs to lose, damage or store
It’s easy to learn how to use the Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter. QuicKutz has video demonstrations to help you. Cutting out professional titles and all sorts of custom shapes, titles, words. It’s easy!
To learn more about QuicKutz and all the great looks you can create, go to www.quickutz.com.