Close to My Heart also leads the way in teaching people how to celebrate relationships through the art of scrapbooking and stamping.
Marketing Vice President Kristine Widfeldt shares some great ideas on stamping on Studio 5.
Close To My Heart Card and Bookmark Project For Utah Valley Women’s Expo
All Products by Close To My Heart
Perfect Day Level 2 Paper Packet
My Acrylix Inspiration Stamp Set
Designer Ribbon Rounds Cocoa Collection
My Accents Accessory Kit Pewter
Exclusive Inks Cocoa Stamp Pad
Exclusive Inks Crème Brulee Stamp Pad
Exclusive Inks Juniper Stamp Pad
Exclusive Inks Sorbet Stamp Pad
Exclusive Inks Tulip Stamp Pad
1.) Cut 4 ½” x 12″ cardstock color of your choice and fold in half. Sponge edges of card with Cocoa ink.
2.) Cut 2 ½” x 3″ piece of background and texture paper and sponge edges of paper in Cocoa ink. Glue paper in left corner.
3.) Adhere 6″ piece of Cocoa ribbon around card two inches from the top, tie a bow if desired. Attach spiral clip to ribbon, fold out as an extra technique if desired.
4.) Cut 2″ x 2″ piece of Cocoa and 1 ½” x 1 ½” piece of Colonial White cardstock, sponge edges with Cocoa ink if desired and adhere together.
5.) Stamp your choice of image from Inspiration stamp set in ink color of your choice on Colonial White Cardstock. Adhere to center of the card. Stamp sentiment of choice in Cocoa ink under the Inspiration stamp set image.
6.) Cut ¾” x 2 ½” piece of piece of background and texture paper. Sponge edges with Cocoa ink if desired. Stamp flower three times on piece of paper evenly spaced apart. Add brad to center of each stamped flower and then adhere to bottom right corner.
BONUS: For an added effect try the Rock & Roll Stamping technique. This technique will create a look that is lighter in the center and darker on the outside. To use this technique:
1. Press your stamp into a light-colored ink pad.
2. Press only the edges of the stamp in a rolling motion on a darker-colored ink pad. Be careful not to ink the center of the stamp.
3. Press the stamp firmly on your paper or project. (Do not rock on this part-just push straight down and up.)
4. Tip: Be sure to use the lighter color first to avoid inking the lighter pad with a darker color.
1.) Cut 2″ x 6″ piece of Cardstock color of your choice. Adhere 4″ x 2″ piece of background and texture paper to top half and 2″ x 2″ to bottom half.
2.) Adhere 1″ x 2″ piece of Cocoa cardstock one inch from the bottom. Adhere ½” x 2″ piece of Colonial White cardstock to center of Cocoa cardstock. Stamp sentiment of choice in Cocoa ink on Colonial White cardstock. Stamp flower in color of choice on Colonial White cardstock and add brad for dimension.
3.) On 2″ x 2″ piece of Colonial White Cardstock stamp your choice of image from Inspiration stamp set in ink color of your choice. Adhere to the top center of bookmark using brad. To finish add Cocoa ribbon bow.
TIP: For added dimension sponge all edges of the paper in Cocoa ink,
Close To My Heart, the stamping and scrapbooking innovator and industry-leading direct sales company, will be celebrating the second annual National Stamping Month this September, and National Stamping Day on September 13, in celebration of the popular hobby.
The company has planned a number of activities for September in honor of the celebration:
• Online contest at www.closetomyheart.com with one prize awarded daily and one grand prize worth over $1,000 (US retail) in Close To My Heart product.
• “Just Because,” an exclusive card kit containing materials and instruction to make 16 cards, will be available only during the month of September. The kit includes an exclusive My Acrylix® stamp set, accessories, pre-cut paper, and step-by-step instructions.
• “From Me to You,” the card kit offered during last year’s inaugural National Stamping Month, will be available for all Close To My Heart customers for only $10 (U.S. and Canada) and all proceeds will be donated to Operation Smile. Operation Smile makes it possible for children around the world with correctable facial deformities to receive life-changing surgery. This kit also includes a My Acrylix stamp set, accessories, pre-cut paper, and step-by-step instructions to make 16 cards.
In further celebration of the month, the Close To My Heart corporate office will be the title sponsor for the Utah Valley Women’s Expo on September 5 and 6, at the Utah Valley University McKay Events Center. Those in attendance will have the opportunity to create a card while learning a variety of unique stamping techniques at the Close To My Heart booth. They will also have the chance to win valuable stamping and scrapbooking prizes. Meanwhile, thousands of Close To My Heart independent consultants across the U.S. and Canada will host their own unique stamping celebrations in honor of the month.
“Close To My Heart is proud to celebrate National Stamping Month and this fun art that brings friends together as they do paper crafting projects,” said Jeanette R. Lynton, Close To My Heart founder and CEO. “We are also pleased to donate a portion of every sale of our My Acrylix stamp sets to Operation Smile. By purchasing My Acrylix stamp sets and enjoying this great hobby, you are helping ensure a better life for children throughout the world.”
Close To My Heart is an industry leader in innovative scrapbooking and stamping products, including the My Acrylix line of clear stamps, My Reflections® scrapbooking kits, and several top-selling how-to programs including the newest volume, Originals Card Confidence Program™. Headquartered in Pleasant Grove, Utah, the company distributes its products at home gatherings through thousands of independent consultants across the U.S. and Canada. For more information about ordering exclusive Close To My Heart products, or becoming a consultant, visit www.closetomyheart.com.