Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Makes 8 servings
- 16 oz can green chili enchilada sauce
- 30 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (we love rotisserie here)
- taco seasonings (you can make your own or use half the packet + 3 tablespoons water if needed)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- avocado, green onions, sour cream, cilantro for serving (and tortilla chips!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish, spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Layer on corn tortillas (about 6, covering the bottom).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the shredded chicken and taco seasonings (add tablespoons of water if it looks too dry).
4. Add about 1/2 cup of rotisserie chicken, 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup of pepper jack and sharp cheddar. Spash on more of the enchilada sauce. Layer on 6 more tortillas, then repeat the process until you have about 4 or 5 layers. Top last layer with cheese and whatever chicken is left.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, uncovered. Broil for about 2 minutes at the end until golden and crispy. Remove from oven and serve with avocado, green onions, sour cream, and cilantro.