Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop figured out how to get the pricey look with glassware you have on hand.
• Clean glass container or plate
• Silver leaf sheets (found at craft stores)
• Silver leaf adhesive
• Krylon Looking Glass spray paint
1. Begin with a clean, clear glass plate or container. You will need to work on the back-side of the plate or on the inside of the container. Make sure you can reach your hand inside.
2. Using a foam brush, cover the inner surface or backside of plate with silver leaf adhesive. The adhesive with appear milky and will dry clear.
3. Once adhesive is dry, rub on silver leaf sheets in patches. Use either a soft brush, or your fingers to apply the leaf. Be sure to apply in large and small patches and leave plenty of uncovered areas.
4. Next, spray the interior with Krylon Looking Glass spray paint. Paint the entire surface, spraying over the silver leaf. Use light coats to prevent dripping. Apply 3-4 coats or until desired result is achieved.
Warning: This finish is not washable, and should never be used to serve food.
Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop loves turning trash into treasure. She is handy with a hammer, and has a knack for saving a dime by doing it yourself! If you have questions for Jenn, e-mail her at email@example.com