This Rice Krispie ice cream is a summer show stopper.
We might not have known we needed it, but now we can’t live without it. It’s all the fun of classic Rice Krispie treats with a summer twist!
Dina Driggs shares the recipe for Rice Krispie Ice Cream with a Raspberry Coulis.
Rice Krispie Ice Cream with Raspberry Coulis
- 4 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut, sweetened, flaked
- 1/2 Gallon Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 Cups Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put Rice Krispies and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and coat well.
- Spread out on a large cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir the mixture every 10 minutes using a large spatula to bring up the uncooked cereal from the bottom. It may look burned, but I promise it is not. Stir everything until it turns a golden brown.
- While cereal mixture is cooling, remove ice cream from the freezer to soften.
- Put half the cereal mixture in a 13 x 9 dish. Cover with scoops of ice cream until all the ice cream has been used
- Smooth out the ice cream and pour the remaining cereal mixture on top. Use your hands to push the cereal into the ice cream. Cover and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, mash raspberries and mix with sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes to create a delicious syrup. Spoon over each piece.