Studio 5 contributor, Ashley Kewish sat down with KSL.com General Manager, Brett Atkinson who had some tips of what to watch out for when you’re buying or selling online.
Tips when you try to sell an item:
• Buyer only wants to talk through email.
• Buyer is from out of State and has a weird story.
• Person contacts you who represents the buyer.
• Buyer sends you a money order or cashiers check.
• Buyer’s emails are poorly written, bad grammar.
• Buyer not willing to meet in person
• Buyer wants you to ship the item
Tips when you try to buy an item:
• Seller’s account is less than 10 days old.
• Seller’s phone number doesn’t work or is obviously invalid.
• Seller only wants to talk through email.
• Seller is from out of State/region.
• Seller wants to do transaction over Paypal or ebay Motors for cars.