Sand Art Brownies
2/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup vanilla flavored baking chips
Walnuts to fill jar (about 1/2 cup)
Place ingredients in the order listed in a quart-sized jar. Tamp ingredients down. Attach the following directions to the jar: Combine contents of this jar with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs. Spread into greased 9×9″ pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until done.
Other Food Gifts for the Holidays
1. Get a 2-liter of Soda Pop, Microwave Popcorn and a gift certificate for a movie rental.
2. Blueberry Muffin Mix and attach saying on it – “You’re gettin’ “Muffin” for Christmas”.
3. Buy some Dry Soup Mix and put a saying on it “Have a “Souper” Christmas”.
4. Purchase some different flavored Dips & Chips.
5. Give a Baker’s Mitt with homemade cookie dough or frozen cookie dough, a turner, and a cookie sheet.
6. Loaf of bread wrapped in a napkin with jam, honey, or wrap the bread on a bread board.
7. Make a Bread Mix for Bread Machine and put in a zipper baggie.
8. Hot Chocolate Assortments- variety of flavors in a mug.
9. Spaghetti Dinner Basket-assortment of noodles, sauce, bread stick, pasta, serving utensil, in pasta pot.
10. Cheese balls, holiday crackers, beef stick all placed in a wicker basket.
11. Put a good variety of fruit and nuts in a basket or crate.
12. Breadflour, dough enhancer, yeast, jam and favorite bread recipe in basket or loaf pan.
13. Ice Cream bucket with appropriate toppings, sprinkles, nuts, cherries, bowls, ice cream, sundae cups.
14. Wassail in a jar – fabric decorated top & recipe included.
15. Herb tea assortment, mugs, etc.
16. Bags with cookie cutters, sugar cookie dough, rolling pin and recipe.
17. Some homemade fruit leathers.
18. Different colored pasta in jars, or a basket.
19. Chopsticks, rice bowls, fresh gingerroot, rice vinegar & Chinese Cookbook in a basket.
20. Pancake mix with a selection of fruit syrups maybe even a wicker breakfast tray.
21. 10 bean soup mix, can of tomatoes, onion and ham in a bean pot.
22. Dried fruits in decorated fruit bowl or nut dish.
23. Apples, caramel dip and apple corer.
24. Make brownies and sprinkle powdered sugar on top using a cookie cutter to make Christmas shapes.
25. Place candy kisses in a wire whisk and tag “We `WHISK’ you a Merry `KISS’mas.”