1/2 C. white butter
1/2 C. white corn syrup
1/2 C. white sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C. pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Using microwave-safe dish or large measure, melt butter.
2. Add syrup, sugars and milk. Stir well and microwave for 6-8 minutes.
3. Pour into sprayed 8″ x 8″ dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Cut into pieces. If you find it too firm to cut, warm in the microwave oven
30 seconds at a time until you reach desired consistency.
5. Caramels can be dipped in melted chocolate or individually wrapped in wax
paper (twist the ends).
I like to cut them into 36 squares. They are terrific!