This spring roll pasta salad is a deconstructed version of your restaurant favorite.
Your Asian restaurant favorite is coming to a plate in your home, but without the complicated wrap. Put some flavorful shrimp on a bed of veggies and Thai noodles for a pasta salad rich with spring roll flavor.
Wendy Paul shares this unique recipe. If your kids aren’t on the veggie train, add layers of flavor! If they taste good, the kids will be more than happy to eat them. This dish is the perfect way to introduce them to more vegetables.
Shrimp Spring Roll Pasta Salad
- 1 box rice noodles, broken in half and cooked according to pkg directions, drain, then add the noodles in to a bowl & toss in 1/3 cup sesame oil plus 1 tbsp. ginger paste and set aside
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and cooked until pink
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Hoisin sauce
- Cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
Prepare your vegetables while your noodles are cooking.
Once the noodles are done, and mixed with the sesame oil and ginger, then combine with the vegetables & cooked shrimp. Toss to mix together. Serve room temperature or chilled and garnish with the avocado, sesame seeds, cilantro and a drizzle with Hoisin sauce just before serving.