Transform your boring bedroom into a designer paradise! There are simple
projects you can tackle in a weekend that will take your room from drab to
Design Blogger Tristan Loyd with ChiKKaBoom shares simple ways to turn
your bedroom into a fresh new space.
These long winter months can give you the decorating blues and blahs! But
it’s a great time to redo that master bedroom! Here are a few tips and how
to’s to get you started!
1 – SAVE money by using a NEUTRAL BEDSPREAD:
· Bedding can get VERY expensive, so try to stick with NEUTRAL COLORS
· Add punches of color and texture with PILLOWS, BLANKETS, or even a
strip of fabric!
I sleep with a TON of pillows! So when I make my bed I’m always trying to
find places to stuff them out of sight, so I came up with a solution! I call it
The PILLOW RUNNER!
2 – SIDE TABLES:
· PAINT is the quickest, cheapest way to change your side tables!
· A BRIGHT VIBRANT accent color can change the entire feel of your room!
3 – DRESSERS:
· Of course painting your dresser can make a big difference too, but if you
still like the existing color try adding a glaze to change it up a bit!
· DON’T THROW OUT YOUR OLD HARDWARE!!! You can change this too! We
just took our old handles and fastened them to a cardboard box, spray
painted them and VOILA! It gives it a pumped up Shabby Chic look!
4 – ACCESSORIES:
· From Modern to Classic styles, accessories like BOOKS and LAMPS show
off your personal style!
For more FUN How To’s and Inspiration
Visit us at