1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 clove fresh pressed garlic
2 8-oz. packages fat free cream cheese
1 8-oz. container light cream cheese (5 grams fat per 1 oz. serving)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons chicken base or bouillon mixed with 2 tablespoons very hot water
1 oz. (1/4 cup) grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 oz. (2.5 tablespoons) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
3 oz. smoked salmon, minced
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300º F. Lightly spray a 6-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat a small stick-resistant or non-stick pan lightly coated with cooking spray on medium. Sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes and remove from heat to cool slightly. (Add a small amount of water or wine to onions if they become too dry.)
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheeses, cornstarch, egg and egg whites in large bowl until well blended. Add bouillon and pepper blending well. Fold in dill, onion, garlic powder, salmon, Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place spring-form pan on the middle rack in oven. Pour enough hot water into a larger pan to come 2-inches up sides and place on the bottom rack of oven underneath spring-form pan. Bake 45 to 60 minutes. (Pâté will not be browned, it will be set around the edges and still wobbly under the surface in the center.) Turn off oven and remove water pan. Leave pâté in oven to cool 60 minutes with oven door ajar.
5. Transfer pâté to rack and continue to cool at least 2 hours before covering and refrigerating. Pâté can be made 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, cutting into thin wedges.