Some recipes are worth knowing by heart. Like Sopapilla Squares, an
easy go to dessert that Studio 5 Contributor, Emily Roche, says will
impress your friends and family.
· 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
· 1 c. white sugar
· 1 t. Mexican vanilla extract
· 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
· 1/4 c. melted butter
· cinnamon and sugar
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until
3. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into
9×13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly
spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece
of crescent dough. Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake about 30 minutes, or until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown.
Cool completely in the pan before cutting. up a bit. Emily Roche shows you how.