Spinach Artichoke Pasta
8 oz. pasta, cooked according to package instruction
1 large or 2 small chicken breast, cubed
2 t. veg. or olive oil
½ C. onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper
1 T. butter
1 can artichokes, chopped
1 C. packed chopped spinach
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 C. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. sour cream
½ C. chicken stock
½ C. half and half
6 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. hot sauce
salt & pepper
1. Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
2. In a large skilled heat oil or medium/high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for a couple minutes or until onion starts to become translucent.
3. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is done and juices run clear.
4. Add the butter and cook until melted. Add the artichokes, spinach and tomatoes.
5. Stir in cream cheese, and sour cream. Cook until they are melted and incorporated into the mixture.
6. Add the chicken stock, half and half, parmesan cheese, and hot sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour the mixture into a large casserole dish, top with additional parmesan cheese and bake at 350
For more wonderful cooking ideas and recipes go to http://mindikamoments.blogspot.com.