Spring is finally here and that means it’s time to update your look for the season! So put away your dark eyeshadows and muted lipsticks, because this spring, makeup is all about fun, flirty and playful colors!
Professional Make-up Artist Jennessa Herde shares her favorite make-up picks in spring’s hottest colors!
We are all ready for SPRING! When you think spring, what comes to mind? I think of bouquets of flowers with all their bright, bold, beautiful colors. These colors have translated onto the spring runways of the latest designers for fashion as well as make up. My favorite designers all rocked these colors on the runways. Dior had painted, pink, fuchsia, and red on the eyes. Gucci had stunning red lips, Jill Sander and Diana von Furstenburg had striking magenta lips. I love what color can do for us. I love that color makes us happy. On my quest to find my favorite make up must haves this season I had one criterion, the color had to make me feel happy.
The colors this season are packed with pigment, so a little goes a long way. With such intense color, the focus should be on your eyes, cheeks or lips only.
What will I be buying this season? Here’s my list:
Eyes: Color intense liquid eye liner, in lime green, gold or purple. Bold eyeshadow to make my blue eyes pop and maybe colored mascara just for kicks.
Cheeks: Bright pinks to brighten my face and make me feel like I’ve been kissed by the sun.
Lips: Pinky Corals, Fuchsia’s and when I feel daring, bright Red
These are my favorite drug-store picks this spring:
Revlon Eyeshadow; Electric Pop $4.94
Rimmell Eyeshadow; Sweet Smoulder $3.99
Rimmell Eyeliner; Green Shimmer, Standout, and Purple Passion $3.14
Covergirl Blush; Plumberry Glow and Classic Pink $3.74
Covergirl Lipstick; Lip Perfection, Siren, Fairytale and Spellbound. $ 5.99
Covergirl Outlast; Everyday Red $7.84
SIMPLE MAKE-UP TIPS:
– Choose a good foundation, which will even out your skin tone.
– Avoid soft pastel looking pinks on the inside of the eye area; no one wants to look tired.
– Always line your eye with a dark eye liner and wear mascara; this will help define your eye and make your make up look more current.
– With your lips, before applying a bright color, exfoliate with some brown sugar, create a waxy barrier around your lips by applying concealer to avoid any type of bleeding of color around your lips.
– Reds should always be matte and pinks should have some shine.
– When applying lipstick, line lips first, apply color, blot and reapply.
Don’t be afraid to break out of your shell and try a new color(s). You may end up loving it and then wondering how you ever lived without it. Let’s break out of the winter doldrums and brighten our lives with spring floral colors.
If you try a new look send me a picture at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll post it on Facebook.