Spring Vegetable Stir fry
2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup snow peas
4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1/3 cup bean sprouts
6 teaspoons Vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 clove garlic minced
1 /2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Salt and pepper
2 cups prepared rice
1. Heat large skillet over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and cauliflower and snow peas. Quickly sauté vegetables until slightly tender and browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Repeat action with 2 more teaspoons of oil and mushrooms, add to bowl and set aside.
3. Add 2 more teaspoons of oil to pan and sauté carrots and bell pepper. Cook until pepper is just tender.
4. Add cauliflower, peas and mushrooms to the pan. Toss together with other vegetables.
5. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour over vegetables in pan and toss quickly. Remove from heat. Season with Salt and Pepper. Serve vegetables over rice, top with additional soy sauce if desired.
Prep Time 20 minutes