Standard Optical ‘s Gift of Sight program provides free eye exams and prescription glasses for families who can’t afford them. Find out if you qualify.
Aaron Schubach, with Standard Optical, has the latest trends in kids’ eyewear and good news for parents who can’t afford glasses or eye exams
Gift of Sight Program
· As part of its 100-year celebration, Standard Optical is launching its “Gift of Sight” program, which will benefit underprivileged children in Utah who are in need of eye glasses.
· From April 27 through 29, Standard Optical will be giving away free eye exams and prescription glasses to hundreds of Utah kids in need.
· For additional information or to find out how to qualify for the Gift of Sight Program, call 1-800-EYECARE or visit standardopticalcares.com.
Why is Good Vision Critical?
· According to the Vision Council of America, one in four school-aged children has a vision problem, and more than 80 percent of what a child learns in school is presented visually – good vision can make a big difference in their academic performance.
· Research shows that the simple vision screening, commonly used by a pediatrician or a school nurse, detects only 5 percent of all vision problems.
· Simple vision screenings can offer early indications of problems relating to distance vision, but often screenings miss other critical vision deficiencies that can impact eye health and a child’s performance in the classroom.
What is a Comprehensive Eye Exam?
· It is recommended that people have a comprehensive eye exam on a yearly basis.
· The eye doctor will perform several different tests and procedures to check your vision as well as the overall health of your eyes.
· A visual acuity test will be performed to measure how well one sees or the sharpness and clarity of their vision.
· A confrontation visual field will be preformed to check of your basic field of vision, including your central and side (peripheral) vision.
· Extraocular Movements will be tested by measuring the muscles that control eye movement.
For more information on Standard Optical’s Gift of Sight program, visit: