A new cookbook is opening up the world of
grains for home cooks.
Britney Rule shares her recipe for strawberry
yogurt bundt cake
Strawberry Yogurt Kamut Cake
2 1/2 cups of Kamut® flour or another whole grain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of honey
3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest (optional)
1 cup of plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour
a Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together 2 1/4 cups of flour,
baking soda, and salt. Stir in the zest. Put the bowl
3. In another bowl, beat the oil and honey until light and
creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then stir in the
lemon juice. Alternate adding the yogurt and the flour into
the oil mixture. Mix until it is all combined. Don’t over
4. Put the frozen berries in the blender and chop them into
small pieces. Then add 1/4 cup of remaining flour into the
berries. Fold the berries into the batter.
5. Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in oven
for 30 to 40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the
center comes clean. It should be a light golden brown.
6. Place the cake on the wire cooling rack and cool for 10
minutes in the pan, then turn it out on to the cooling
rack. Let it cool. Place on a cake platter and sift
powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Find this recipe and more in the cookbook Grain Crazy.