Serve up a meal full of flavor for dinner. This stuffed pork tenderloin is perfect for a fancy Sunday meal.
Sarah Warner shares how to combine brie and jalapeno jelly into this marinated pork dish.
Find more of Sarah’s recipes on her website, www.sarahmakesit.com.
Marinated Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 Tbs Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 ounces brie
- 1/3 cup jalapeño jelly (Sarah used a cranberry jalapeño jelly)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
1) In a medium-sized bowl mix all the ingredients for the marinade then set aside. Place your tenderloin on a sheet of plastic wrap and cut down the center,lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through or split it in half. Pound the pork with a meat tenderizer until flat, but not thin.
2) In a shallow baking dish, place pork and cover with marinade. Let this sit in your fridge for 2-4 hours.
3) When you are ready to cook your pork, preheat your oven to 375. Cut 6 pieces of kitchen twine – long enough to tie up your meat. On a tinfoil lined baking sheet lay out your twine, place your pork down the middle of the row of twine. Down the center of the tenderloin, spread your jelly, and evenly distribute the brie.
4) Bring the sides of your pork together, trying the best you can to seal in the cheese and jelly, tying the strings as you go from one end to another. This is a messy process… don’t get discouraged with a little seepage.
4) (Optional step) Heat a large, deep skillet with about 1 Tbs. of olive-oil on high heat. This will splatter quite a bit, so make sure your pan is deep. Sear pork on all sides – giving it the beautiful caramelized look and taste. As this step is optional, you could go ahead and just bake it. Just add a few more minutes onto the cook time.
5) Place your pork back onto the lined baking sheet. Tuck the 2 sprigs of rosemary into the twine. Cook 15 -20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees (F). Remove from oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes. Cut off twine and ENJOY!