You’re familiar with a twice-baked potato. It’s that delicious cross over between mashed and baked, creamy and crispy. Use that principle on potato’s cousin, the sweet potato! The blend of sweet and savory is to die for, plus, it packs in more nutrition than the average spud.
Lisa Corrigan shares how to make a stuffed twice-baked sweet potato. She gives tasty topping ideas, and sets you up for success with this dinner idea!
Stuffed Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2 cups broccoli
1/2 cup red onion
1/4 cup bone broth (you don’t necessarily NEED this, I just wanted to add a little more moisture)
8 oz ground pork
1/4 cup cheese
1 whole avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash the sweet potatoes and prepare a baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes for one hour.
3. While the potatoes are baking, cook your meat in a pan until cooked through.
4. At the same time, put the broccoli, red onion, and bone broth in a pan and cook until the veggies are tender.
5. Once the meat and veggies are all done, put them all in the same pan, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix it all together and let it simmer.
6. When the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and cut them in half. Scoop out about half of the insides of each half and put them in a mixing bowl.
7. Add the meat/veggie mixture to the bowl and stir it all up.
8. Spoon your mixture back into the little sweet potato boats. Put the potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle on some cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven, and top each potato with sliced avocado. Add any other seasonings on top you like (I added red pepper flakes).