Studio 5 Beauty and Style Expert Holly Stone shares a few fashion rules to follow.
If you want to explore your “wild” side, animal print is the perfect way to do so. But the goal is not to look just like the animal, but to accent your inner animal. Here’s how to wear it right:
What’s your style?
When choosing how to wear animal print, regardless which one you choose, just remember to keep the look true to yourself.
Cheetah and leopard prints are oh-so-popular and very classic animal prints. They truly stand the test of time. Don’t underestimate the power of prints like zebra, which are also seen on clothing, accessories and even furniture and rugs. Try a beautiful leopard print coat with a beautiful black dress underneath. Keep it simple with the rest of your accessories because you don’t want to overpower the rest of the look. Red lips would look incredible with this.
Try pairing your animal print with bright colors such as hot pink, turquoise or lime green. For animal printed tops or pants, make sure you do either your top or bottom in a solid color, preferably a neutral (black, khaki, cream, white).
If you’re shy on letting your wild side out, try subtle animal print such as the lining of a jacket, a belt or a handbag. Shoes are another great idea if you don’t want to be too much. When doing an animal print shoe, be sure to make the rest of your outfit simple. This will satisfy your inner feline, while not making you appear wilder than you actually are.
Which print is flattering on me?
• The size and scale of animal print you wear should be considered by looking at your bone structure. If you have small bone structure, choose small or tighter prints. Medium bone structure can wear medium or small print. Large bone structure can wear medium or large print. If you go outside of what is flattering for your bone structure, the print could wear you instead of you wearing the print.
• Flattering Prints: cheetah, leopard, tiger, zebra, reptile
• Unflattering Prints: giraffe, cow
• Remember that you’ll be calling attention to wherever you put the animal prints, so make sure you’re putting it on your best feature (no print pants on larger bottoms or tight print tops on larger busts).
Animal print can really look great on anyone. The way you wear it can be as unique as you want it to be, as glamorous as you can imagine or it can be as sassy as you are. It just depends on what you put with it and how you wear it. So go ahead – find your inner feline with animal prints!
Today on the show, Holly featured the following “Animal Print Picks:”
• Shrug, Charlotte Russe, $29.99
• Shirt , Express, $15.00
• Scarf, Express, $29.50
• Purse, Charlotte Russe, $9.99
• Rings, Charlotte Russe, 2 for $8
• Shoes , Buckle, $39.50
This Style File segment was sponsored by Valley Fair Mall. For more information about stores, promotions or events visit: www.ShopValleyFairMall.com