It’s light, it’s fresh, it’s perfect for summer! Make lemon chicken linguine for dinner tonight.
Need another recipe to add to your rotation? This is the perfect choice. We can’t think of a better pairing than lemon and chicken! Toss that with some pasta and you have a winner.
Suzy Robertson shares the how-to and the simple ingredient list. She shares how to toss it all together for maximum flavor.
Find more recipes from Suzy on Instagram, @suzysnaturalhealthmovement
Get your own Blackstone Griddle here.
Lemon Chicken Linguine
- 1 pound linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 medium lemons)
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
- For the marinade, combine the olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Toss the marinade and chicken together in a shallow dish or ziploc bag. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour or up to 12 (better flavor the longer it marinades).
- For the pasta, zest the lemon, then combine juice of one lemon, zest, olive oil, green onions and fresh parsley together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water until al dente according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot off the heat. Pour the lemon juice/olive oil/green onion mixture over pasta and toss lightly to combine.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; add the marinade AND the chicken to the skillet, moving the chicken pieces so they are in a single layer. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the chicken OR pour the chicken and cooked marinade over the pasta in the pot (whichever will fit the mixture best). Toss with Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.