Sweet raspberries, savory chicken and all the toppings make for a perfect summer salad. This raspberry chicken salad is just what your taste buds are craving.
Chef Todd Leonard shares how to put it all together for a delicious side or, make it a meal!
Raspberry Chicken Salad
- 4 each Lemon herb chicken marinated chicken breasts — Grilled
- 8 ounces Spring mix lettuce mixed with chopped romaine hearts
- 4 leaves Endive
- 1 cup Feta cheese — crumbled
- 1 cup Marinaded red onions
- 2 cups Fresh raspberries
- 5 1/2 cups Raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups Candied Pecans
- 2 each Oranges — supreme
For family style toss all ingredients together except the endive and serve quickly.
For individual servings divide onions, raspberries and chicken into 1/4. Toss other ingredients and divide onto 4 plates topevenly with divided ingredients.
Marinaded Red Onions
- 2 each (52 oz) red onions
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Peel the onions and keep them whole.
Slice on electric slicer thin.
Combine the sugar vinegar and water together and let dissolve for a few minutes.
Stir the mixture well and add the onions to the marinade.
Let the onions sit for 2-3 hours before using.
After the onions have marinaded up to 24 hours it is best to drain the marinade and use the onions within 2-3 days.