Tangy Beef Tenderloin Sliders
2 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped fine (approx. 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
½ cup fine-chopped red onion
Small bunch basil, chopped finely (approx. 2 Tbsp.)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. Good quality olive oil
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1/4 cup horseradish (or to taste)
1 Tbsp (or more) Fresh lemon juice to get a thinner consistency
Best EVER Beef Tenderloin
Seasoning of choice (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning)
Caramelize sliced onions slow and low until golden and sweet.
Prepare Tomato Pesto & Horseradish cream (see recipes below)
Cook filets (see recipe & instructions below). While meat is resting, spread butter on split buns (dinner rolls work perfectly for this) and grill in a pan until warm and toasty.
Assemble. Tomato pesto first, then beef, onions and cream.
Use a cast iron skillet for the beef tenderloin.
1. Take meat out of fridge about 1-2 hours before cooking. You want it room temp.
2. Place skillet in oven set to 500 degrees F.
3. Once oven has reached 500 degree F. let skillet remain in oven for 45 minutes.
4. While skillet is heating up lightly coat filets with peanut oil and season.
5. Turn on stove top to high.
6. Once skillet is heated and stove top is at full temp remove skillet from oven (CAUTION!!! Skillet is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, hot) and place on stove top element.
7. Place filets in skillet and sear both sides for 30 seconds each. Do not put any extra oil in the skillet. Only the oil that is on the meat is needed.
8. At this point insert an electronic meat thermometer in one of the filets (from the side in the middle) to monitor the temp.
9. Place skillet in oven (still at 500) for four minutes.
10. After 4 minutes is over, open oven and turn meat over.
11. Close oven for another 4 minutes. Keep doing this until desired temp is reached. (137 for medium rare, 145 for medium)
12. Once correct temp is reached take filets out of oven and place on plate. Lightly cover with foil and let sit for 4 minutes before slicing.