An international twist takes family pizza night up a notch! Grilled chicken, homemade peanut sauce and fresh veggies piled on top traditional Indian flat bread.
Thai Chicken Naan Pizza
. The peanut sauce:
· 1 T sesame oil
· 1/4 c. peanut butter
· 3 T soy sauce
· 1 1/2 T rice wine or sherry
· 1 1/2 t. water
· 2 1/4 t. rice vinegar
· 1 1/2 t. canola oil
· 1 1/2 t. packed brown sugar
· 1 1/2 t. minced fresh ginger
· 1/4 t. chili garlic sauce or red chile flakes
· 4 pieces whole wheat naan
· 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
· 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
· 1 large carrot, peeled & cut into matchsticks
· 1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
· 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 c. minced cilantro
Yield: Serves 4
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If using a pizza stone, heat the stone in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
The peanut sauce:
2. In a blender, combine sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine, water, rice vinegar, canola oil, brown sugar, ginger and chili garlic sauce. Blend until smooth.
3. Lay 2 pieces of naan on a pizza peel or on a baking sheet (if you’re not using a pizza stone).
4. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce on each piece of naan.
5. Divide half of the chicken, red bell pepper, carrots, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese evenly between the 2 pieces of naan.
6. If using a baking stone, transfer the pizzas from the peel to the stone. If using a baking sheet, place the baking sheet in the oven.
7. Bake until the cheese is melted and the naan bread is golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
8. Transfer the pizzas to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
9. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
10. Slice the pizzas and garnish with minced cilantro. Serve.