Studio 5 Health & Fitness Contributor, Melanie Douglass, shares a 30-day
plan to slim down, tighten up and feel amazing this swimsuit season.
Okay, here it is! Week two… come on, you can do anything for just a week!
Just tell yourself to get through this week and you’ll find yourself ready and
waiting for week 3!
Week #2 Workout: Sculpt & Burn
· Shoulder Press with Squat
· Triple Twist with Knee
· Bicep Curl with Lunge
· Knees with Blade Arms
· Triceps Kickback with Back Kick
The point of your week two workout is to help you burn calories, sweat,
and start sculpting with weights. You can use a dumbbell, a resistance
tube, or even a milk jug filled with water.
There are 5 exercises, each performed for one minute. I start each exercise
as “low impact” and then progress to “high impact”. You can choose if you
want to work low or high based on your abilities and fitness level. But do
Repeat the 5-minute video clip (ie, “the circuit”) at least 3 – 6 times, so you
get a good 15 – 30 minute sweat/burn session!
What to Eat
This meal plan is meant to be simple. It’s structured and controlled so that
you really and truly end up eating less, without feeling deprived.
Follow the meal guide below for 5 days, yep. Then eat what you healthy
foods you want, in moderation, for 2 days.
· 1 slice of 100% whole-wheat toast with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
· 1 glass of milk/soy or 1 cup plain greek yogurt (you can sweeten plain
greek yogurt with 1 tsp of real sugar)
· 6 slices of lean deli meat, or ½ cup beans
· 1 large handful of baby carrots
· 1 orange
· 12 almonds
· 1 oz. of lowfat cheese (string is fine)
· 3 ozfish or lean red meat
· big salad with lots of veggies, 2 Tbsp dressing, no cheese, meat or
· 1 glass of milk, soymilk or lowfat yogurt
*6-8 glasses of water throughout the day
Melanie Douglass, R.D., NASM, AFAA