Bring an easy, 4-ingredient salad to your next barbecue.
Every meal needs a good side salad. This one can also be the meal itself! Add in a few extra ingredients and you have a heart healthy lunch or dinner that takes almost no time to make.
Suzy Robertson shares how to make the perfect summer salad with just avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onions. She shares what dressings pair well with this salad. She also shares a few variations that will change up the flavor.
Get the Vege-Sal Suzy mentioned here.
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes, preferably grape or cherry
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 2-3 Tbsp. Breanna’s red wine vinaigrette OR red wine vinegar & extra virgin olive oil
- Spike “Vege-Sal” seasoning or S&P, to taste
- Cut all vegetables into 1/4 in. chunks & petite dice the red onion.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette until the vegetables are lightly coated and then season to your liking!
- It will stay good in your refrigerator for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
2 c cherry tomatoes or 2-3 large garden tomatoes
2 c cucumber chunks, ¼ c. red onion chopped, 2 avocados
¼ c or more vinaigrette or 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar & 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Vege-Sal OR ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp pepper (season to taste)
- Eat plain with fork as a side dish
- Make it a main meal by putting it on top of a pita or naan bread with hummus.
- Add tuna or canned chicken for extra protein and make it a bowl! I like it topped with balsamic glaze & basil.
Studio 5 has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by KSL. All prices are subject to change.