Tami Steggell shares the recipe for peach trifle.
Find more recipes from Tami on Instagram, @bitemeindustries.
The Pound Cake
You can make a fresh homemade pound cake, or
- 1 14-oz. store-bought pound cake, cut into 1-in. pieces (approx. 6 cups)
- 8 fresh peaches, washed, sliced with skin on
- ¼ c packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice of one whole lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
The Whipped Cream
- 3 c heavy whipping cream (720ml)
- 2/3 c confectioners’ powdered sugar (85g)
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract (13ml)
Macerate means to draw out juice of, in this case the juice of the peaches using sugar and lemon through a resting period.
- Whisk together dark brown and granulated sugars with the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, gently stir peach slices in lemon juice, then add in the cinnamon sugars and gently toss again. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow peaches to release liquid.
- Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a stand or an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Place 2 cups cake pieces in bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish; top with 2 cups peach mixture and juices, then 2 cups whipped cream. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Before Serving, garnish with more sliced fresh peaches, or reserved macerated peaches. Enjoy!