Organize the garage to make this catchall space more functional!
If the garage is stuffed full, and no car in sight – you’re not alone. This utility space can easily become a catchall for household stuff.
Organizer Jennifer Martin fixed it all with a before and after garage overhaul.
Find more organizing advice from Jennifer at www.resetyournest.com, or on Instagram, @reset_your_nest. You can see the Peterson family’s full story on the Reset Your Nest channel on YouTube.
6 Tips to Help You Organize the Garage
- The garage is the last part of your home you see when you leave your home and the first thing you see when you come back. Make it a space that brings joy… not stress
- Get help. Turn to kids, neighbors, friends or professional organizers like Reset Your Nest. A garage overhaul is a huge investment in time. Don’t try it alone.
- Plan ahead. Identify pain points, decide what you want your garage to look like and what the primary functions will be, purchase appropriate shelving and containers, hooks, tool chests, etc.
- Matching bins make a difference. Use open bins for things accessed more and closed bins for storage items.
- Use that wall space. Go for slat walls, hooks, shelves.
- Get the whole family on board and label.