Grilled chicken quesadillas with Asian flavor and flare!
Asian Quesadilla with Chicken, Zucchini & Hoisin Sauce
· 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized strips
· 3/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
· 1/2 tsp kosher salt
· 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
· 1 small zucchini, cut into half-circles
· 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
· 4 whole wheat flour torillas
· 8 tsp hoisin sauce
· 1/4 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips with 5-spice powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
3. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. Wipe the pan clean, coat with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add
zucchini and red bell pepper, and cook until just tender.
5. Spread 2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce on each tortilla.
6. Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Lay one tortilla (with hoisin
sauce) in the skillet, and cover half of the tortilla with a quarter of the chicken, zucchini,
bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella.
7. Fold the tortilla over the filling and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per
side. Remove from pan and cut into 3 pieces.
8. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Serve.